The Rotary Club of the Tarrytowns was organized on November 9, 1921 and held its first meeting at the Tarrytown YMCA, with 17 Charter Members present. Robert A. Patterson was the first President. Luncheons, which cost 50 cents, were prepared by Annie Huff and the YMCA Auxiliary Members. Women were inducted as Rotarians in 1987. Today, there are over 60 members. The Club meets each Wednesday at 12:00 at the Westchester Marriott in Tarrytown.
Rotary Breitbarth Scholarship Fund
The Rotary Club of the Tarrytowns established the Frederick Breitbarth Scholarship Fund to provide financial assistance to deserving students who plan to further their education and/or training upon completion of high school.
Community Bulletin Board The Club sponsored and paid for the assembly of a Community Bulletin Board, which is located across from the Union State Bank on North Broadway.
Community Opportunity Center Rotarians have contributed to the Buildings Fund and sponsor summer scholarships, the soup kitchen, and provide other support as needed.
Phelps Memorial Hospital Bus Stop A bus stop was constructed in a joint effort with the Briarcliff Rotary Club.
Family YMCA at Tarrytown Established the Arthur Kennell Memorial Scholarship to support various projects at the YMCA, including summer camp scholarships. .
Sportsmanship Award Varsity athletic team leaders from Irvington, Sleepy Hollow and Hackley schools are awarded plaques for outstanding leadership and sportsmanship conduct. The winners are chosen by their peers.
Defibrillators The Club raised public awareness for the need for defibrillators in our local police cars and assisted with fundraising for this project.
Hurricane Katrina Aid The Club organized a fund raising campaign to purchase a pickup truck for the Salvation Army to use in New Orleans to assist victims. The truck was driven to New Orleans filled with needed supplies